Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


As I'm pretty sure almost all of us have had a problem with customer service, I was quite shocked the other day while dealing with a customer service representative over the phone.  I know right?  If an employee is every to get bold and treat his or her customers the wrong way, it would definitely be over the phone!  Usually, whenever we have problems with our cellphone bills and calling the company to have the issue resolved can be long, strenuous and overall; just a hassle.  I know that dealing with other companies before At&t, I would have been on the phone with a customer service rep for at least an hour to an hour and a half just complaining and trying to get to the bottom of things whenever I was overcharged or billed the wrong total amount.  This time; however, when I called At&t, I was speaking with this woman who was extremely intelligible in what she was doing and took great care of my needs as a customer.  She made it extremely easy for me to have the issue resolved that it took no longer than 20 minutes overall to fix a huge problem that otherwise would have taken me hours to deal with, with any other cellphone retailer.  Having worked in retail, I know that customers may become irate if the situation isn't handled accordingly.  She however listened really carefully and was sure to help me with my dilemma.  I was having an issue with my bill for the month since I was being overcharged around $50+ in data overages and monthly services I never enrolled for.  Very quickly, she helped me out and was able to waive all fees that I had asked for to be waived. 

“Marketing - The process by which companies create value for customers and build strong customer relationships in order to capture value from customers in return.” (Marketing Creating and Capturing Customer Value, Page 4.)

No comments:

Post a Comment